Saturday, August 23, 2008

New School, day 2

The 2nd day of school didn't go as smoothly. Mason cried when we pulled out of the driveway saying "home", "home, Mama" and then "no school". I sat with him a while at breakfast and was finally able to leave. When I picked him up, he was sitting alone at that same table with tears rolling down his face. Today Mama wasn't so strong. I kneeled in beside him and he just fell into my arms and hugged me tight.

After talking with the director, it turns out that everyday at 5:00 all the children that are left are put together in the big nap room with all sorts of different fun things to do. They have an afterschool care, so there are some big kids there. I guess all the changes really freaked Mason out, so we try our best to pick him up before 5 now!

The week continued pretty much the same, only without the afternoon chaos. Although Friday had eggs and tacos for breakfast with pizza for lunch - how could he not have a good day today?!!

1 comment:

Raegan and Landon said...

Don't worry! landon is crying for me in the morning too. I think it is a phase. Maybe they miss each other! Raegan never cried for me. Must be a Momma's boy thing..........LOL